645 N. Shaw Lane, Rm 402A
East Lansing, MI 48824
Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management integrates topics from manufacturing operations, purchasing, transportation, and physical distribution into a unified program. The program offers integration among these critical, value-adding components to enhance global competitiveness. The objectives are to provide students with a comprehensive background in each area and also to allow students to pursue concentrations within their areas of interest.
2. Major Field Requirements: 2.0 Minimum GPA Required
All of the following
- SCM 371: Procurement and Supply Chain Management: 3 credits
- SCM 372: Manufacturing Planning and Control: 3 credits
- SCM 373: Logistics and Transportation Management: 3 credits
- SCM 470: Supply Chain Application and Policy (Tier II): 2 credits
Four credits from the following major selections. Due to enrollment demand and assisting students with graduating in four years, students can choose only four credits from the major selections listed below. Students will be dis-enrolled from additional selections.
- SCM 474: Negotiations: 2 credits
- SCM 475: Supply Chain Decision Modeling: 2 credits
- SCM 476: Transportation Management: 2 credits
- SCM 479: Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management: 2 credits
- SCM 490: End to End Supply Chain Management Using the SCODE Simulation: 1 credit*
- SCM 490: Procurement Contracting: 1 credit (Fall semester only)*
- SCM 490: Customs Compliance, Security and Operations: 1 credit (Fall semester only)*
*SCM 490 options are offered to graduating seniors only. Courses are all offered as SCM 490; topics are assigned to different sections. Enrollment is by override only.