Skip to main content

Michigan State University masthead

Course Override Requests

Broad Undergraduate Academic Services (UAS) Advisors cannot grant overrides. Students must fill out the online request form (for Broad courses) or follow departmental procedures (for courses outside Broad).

Override Requests for Broad College Courses

  • For undergraduate courses in ACC, BUS, FI, GBL, HB, ITM, MKT, MGT, SCM.
  • To request a course override, please use our online request system.
    • You will fill out basic information about your override request by submitting a ticket on this web page. You will receive an email about the decision of your override request. You can also look up the status of your request by looking up the ticket you submitted by clicking on the “Lookup a Ticket” box.

Wondering if you would qualify for an override? Take the Override Quiz, to find out!


Overrides into Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 cannot be processed until the start of your enrollment period. Please wait until your enrollment period opens to submit an override for these semesters. 

Override Information for Courses Outside the Broad College

Michigan State University

Contact Information Site Map Privacy Statement Site Accessibility
Call MSU: (517) 355-1855 Visit: MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Notice of Nondiscrimination
SPARTANS WILL. © Michigan State University