BUS 491 Section 730: Business Internship
Supplemental and reflective methods to assist students in developing meaningful professional and career goals while participating in a business internship experience.
- Internship must be related to student’s academic and/or career goals
- Students must be in the following majors to enroll in BUS 491 section 730, Business Admit, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management
- Requires approval before student is enrolled
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- 3 credits, fully online via D2L
- Students are required to work in their internship a minimum of 135 hours during the duration of the semester (or a minimum of 9 hours per week).
- Internship hours must be completed during the dates of the academic semester. Work hours acquired before or after the semester will not be counted towards the total 135 hours.
- For students receiving financial aid or international students needing to maintain full-time student status, there is an option to be approved to be coded as full-time enrolled if a student is working a minimum of 36 hours per week in internship workplace.
For more information please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Apply
Note: you MUST have an internship already to apply for credit.
Complete the following forms and submit to BUSInternship@broad.msu.edu
- Form one: Student and Supervisor Internship Agreement Form
- Form two: Student Agreement Form
- Form three: scanned copy of the offer letter from employer (including job description/duties)
- *International Students ONLY*: Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Once all forms are received, you will hear back within a few days. If approved, we will enroll you in the appropriate section of BUS 491, you do NOT enroll yourself in the course.
Fall 2018 Semester – August 24
Spring 2019 Semester – December 28th
Summer 2019 Semester – May 15th
For more information, contact: BUSInternship@broad.msu.edu